Having a brain failure....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a brain failure....

I'm making a pair of simple pencil pleat curtains - 1 width per curtain. The fabric has a great big floral pattern. When I turn in the fabric for the sides turnings, I'll lose a bit of the pattern on each side of each curtain so they won't match when butted up against each other. Because of the size of the pattern, it's obvious although I doubt if it'll show when they're hung but.....is there any way around this? I've been starring at it for so long now, I've got brain failure
    Jane

Re: Having a brain failure....

Oh Jane , I'm having one of those days too! Its taken me ages to get going today, it feels horrid! I'm getting on my own nerves lol, wheres that chocolate

TBO, I dont think theres much you can ever do about it. There will be an 8cm overlap on the curtains anyway so take that into consideration too. Are they to be hung on a track or pole Put them on the table and overlap them = to your overlap allowance, and see how the pattern follows

Comment

I don't think there is anything you can do about it. I have never given it any thought in relation to a floral before. I too would be interested in what other member's do in this situation; me personally I would turn my sides in as normal and just make them up as I really don't think their is any solution bar piecing more fabric into the width! Is it a full width repeat horizontally?
      Yvonne

Comment

They're to be hung on a pole so there's no overlap thingy like you get on some tracks. The other thing I've realised is that that the pattern's a 1/2 repeat - that took me ages to figure out! Think it's time to call it a day & do my U6's football training.....a whole different sort of stress
        Jane

Comment

I don't think there is anything you can do about this either, other than chop the curtains about and only have a bit of a width - that would look sillier!

If anyone knows of any solution would be interested to hear about it.

I also have had brain failure this afternoon, have been staring at the same paperwork for about the last 2 hours trying to figure out what the best way to cut this fabric is! Nearly time to give up for today I think!!
          Kindest Regards,
          Karen

Comment

Hello

I think your worrying too much - I have never given it a thought, I just turn my side allowance in and carry on, as long as when they are hanging the pattern is equal to the eye across each curtains.

Anyhow everyone today is a new day and things will not be as important as yesterday - Hope you all have a good day
            K W Designs
            Bournemouth

Comment

You will never be able to match the pattern on the leading edges of a pair of curtains because of the side hem. This is normal, so don't worry about it! We pattern match (and cut at the same point of the pattern) more so that the pattern runs horizontally across a pair of curtains
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
              X