sub contracting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub contracting

due to my personal life at present i am getting some outside help for the first time as i cant concentrate properly (divorce proceedings etc-slowly going insane) now do i ask them to give me a receipt and would i pay by co cq.

Re: sub contracting

Hi Dee,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are so stressed. I also hope that things go as smoothly as possible given the circumstances

As for sub contracting your work out, firstly make sure you have a written agreement between you and the sub contractor. A job specification sheet for each job is good to have. This should give the job details of fabric to be used, the quantity supplied, a reference number ( just something simple so you have something to refer to ) I always attach a sample of the fabric being used, the type of lining, facing the main fabric sample the correct way up , together with the make up spec. re: final measurements etc. Agree that the terms are payment on invoice , but I personally would check that the work is satisfactory before making any payment.

I once learnt a hard lessson by contracting our a large job, only forgetting to supply a sample and spec sheet. Just a bit of paper with the dimensions. The job returned to be with all the main fabric back to front! They had to be unpicked and re done, it was a nightmare! They were'nt small either, 3 m drops I was so cross with myself and the outworker for not checking the details, but then concluded it was down to me for not being thorough enough with the details.

ALWAYS keep everything in writing , and yes ask for an invoice on delivery and BEFORE you pay by co cheque if thats how you have agreed payment terms.

Good luck Dee, I do hope you are ok

Comment

[thanks for that, i suppose with this personal stress its forced me to trust someone elses workmanship- i feel i cant do the work so i no choice but to use someone else to keep buisness going- fingers crossed it could be a leap into a long term good direction.[/b]

Comment

also ensure the wording of an agreement makes it clear that it is subcontracting, and not an employee - ie the subcontractor is responsible for declaring their income and paying any tax, otherwise as an employee you would be liable for the tax/NICs, insurance etc

Comment

Do you know the person/company you are subcontracting to? Just to be sure of their standard of work that will be going out in your name.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
          X