Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use Cord Tidies?

Hi,

I am making more and more pencil pleat curtains at the moment, (must be the credit crunch) (ooh I'm thinking about Peanut Butter again now!) - wondered if anyone uses Cord Tidies? Think they look more professional than a coil of string, and less time consuming than making little cord bags? They are very cheap to buy.

Thanks,
    Sue.

Re: Does anyone use Cord Tidies?

Hi Suel

I have had a box of cord tidies for ages! Bought them with every intentions to use them, never have.. If you do but them they come in two sizes - small and bigger.

Cord pockets are much more environmentally friendly and cheaper than plastic cord tidies.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I prefer the pockets. It takes more time, yes, but I think it looks neater and finishes a pair of curtains off nicely. They look less "mass manufactured" with that little special touch (which I ALWAYS point out to my client so they can't not notice!!).

Comment

Pulling the cords from the middle is so much easier when pleating many widths.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I always make the little bags too.....
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I dont use them either. I dont do the bag things either, but might start.......
            sharon

Comment

i use cord tidies . how does the bag work. and what do you wrap the cord round never seen them before

Comment

Hi There

I make the little bags too, with lining - I sew them in when I sew the heading tape on - so when you pull the cords up Dee you twidle the cords round your two fingers then pop the cords into the bag!

Looks very tidy.

Kathy
                K W Designs
                Bournemouth

Comment

I think cord tidies can look ugly, especially if you put them at the edge of the curtain, they can be seen. I usually make pockets.
                  Kind regards
                  Pen Harrison
                  Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I have made the bags before but more recently if doing pencil pleat I would twist the cords. That way you end up with a short neat twisted tail. It can be unravelled for cleaning. I advise clients NOT to get their curtains dry cleaned as I have heard so many horror stories from clients who have done this. The curtains always seem to shrink and and never have the same body afterwards.

The twisting technique is detailed in the Maureen Whitmore book.
                    Karen Rhodes
                    Karen Rhodes Design
                    Pole Design

Comment

I have used cord tidies in the PAST; but having had to make loads of pencil pleat curtains recently I have opted for the bag method as it does look much neater. I shalled have a look at the Maureen Whitmore book Karen - your method sounds interesting!
                      Yvonne

Comment

Working...
                      X