X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtain Length

Morning All,

Hope you are all well.

I am about to cut and make some curtains for a square bay window. The curtains are to sit in the corner of the bay, one curtain pulling across the front of the bay the other pulling down the side of the bay.

The client wants the curtains to sit in the corner of the bay when they are open. Which is fine as this is what I have advised, and think will look best. The effect that she wants when they are open are as she described as bloused, now I can't think if this is the right term for this. Basically when they are tied back in the corner the fabric is to come over the tie backs a little and give a very full effect. Can anyone tell me how much longer I would need to make the curtains to get this? My final drop at the moment, just from floor to top of curtain is 2220mm.

Any advise greatfully received.
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Re: Curtain Length

A tricky one is this question ,if it were me I'd probably opt for no more than 10cm. One thing that would worry me is that by blousing the curtains when open will crease the fabric which will show when drawn. They look in effect a puddle length curtain but pulled up over the tieback to loose some excess in the length

I'd have a play with a remnant to find what looks good.

I have never seen bloused curtains drawn and the blousing effect has been on dress curtains.

Hope it works out for you , love to see some photos of the finished product.

Comment

Karen does your client mean bishops sleeves?

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Morn Tam and Philip,

Yes Philip thats what she means. She wants that effect.

Tam, I have pointed out on many occasions that they will be longer if they ever draw the curtains. I don't think the curtains will ever be used to be honest. They are going in a bay window where they also keep their computer / home office so I can't see them moving everything to pull the curtains. They aren't overlooked in any way and have lived there without curtains for years! So I think they will be only dress.

Will post some photos when finished.
        Kindest Regards,
        Karen

Comment

I think bishops sleeves are fixed treatments, and wont pull. Aren't they normally tied in two places to give that puffed sleeve effect?
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hello,

Pen you are completely right, (now having read the book!). That is the effect that she would like though, but I think as long as I make them overlong I will be able to achieve this effect with a tieback in place - fingers crossed!
            Kindest Regards,
            Karen

Comment

Working...
            X