Silk curtains to interline or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silk curtains to interline or not

Just been to measure up a beautiful country house, client wants silk curtains across patio doors the sort that slide right back as if there is no side panels if you see what i mean. I need some advice please, she wants them lined only so they can be pushed back as far as poss triple pleat heading, I have always interlined silk and have never seen them just lined do they look alright? I can imagine them looking quite flat so to speak, there would be another pair opposite with a roman behind that pair so the roman would be lined only also can't imagine that looking right at all no body. Am i wrong will they be ok, trouble is when you interline nearly everthing what ever you do thats not feels like theres something missing.......

Thanks

Irene

Re: Silk curtains to interline or not

Always interline silk. It helps to protect it and gives it body. If she's worried about stackback, use a finer domette. But silk on its own - ugh!
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Yes I agree. She would not like the look and after about six months of hanging she would be wondering why she did not get them interlined. Make a stance on this one.
      Karen Rhodes
      Karen Rhodes Design
      Pole Design

Comment

The sun will eat them in no time, the lining and interlining will help to protect them from UVA rays. If it's a cost issue, she's cutting back in the wrong area in my opinion.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thank you all,

You are all right, I should have not even left it there,I should have made it plain what they would look like not interlined. Tell the truth she scared me!!!!!!!!!!!
          to the point were i felt quite intimidated at one bit. I knew in my own mind what they would look like, but she did keep going on more or less that she knew best. Hense the reasurance from you guys. I'm really mad with myself for letting her get to me bl^&*dy woman. I was going to tell her to stuff the job but i'm not i'm going to see her again and without been rude tell her I know best..... Will you lot come with me, only joking ha, ha.

Thanks again

Irene

Comment

Irene all you can do is advise, if the customer decides not to take you advice there is nothing more you can do other than put in writing that you advised the customer to interline the curtains. Once she has signed off it then becomes her problem.. Write down what you advised, get her to sign off, make the curtains, take your fee and that's that... All done! Least you know she'll need another set within a few good summers!

Philip
            Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Sounds like one of my customers......I spent ages doing various calculations for some full length curtains on varying length of pole for her bedroom (she wanted to get maximum curtains from minimum fabric.........I should have guessed this would not be an easy one) and sourcing some double pole brackets that would also fit her current pole so she could hang voiles too. Then she waited several months for the L A sale to get the fabric at discount. Expressed disapppointment that I couldn't make them straight away (!) then when I delivered them she said she'd gone off the fabric and was not going to hang them anyway. A few weeks later she called to say she'd bought some L A readymade silk curtains for the same room but they were not wide enough so she'd bought 2 pairs and they "looked like dishrags" and she didn't like the slot top heading.

So in the end she paid me to take them apart, interline them, and convert them to one pair of pencil pleat tape curtains!

Anyway - they did look a lot better interlined, and I smiled politely and reminded myself that "the customer knows best".
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
              X