Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave Heading

Hello everyone
    I have been asked to make some wave heading curtains and wondered if anyone else made curtains with this tape and do you need to treat it any differently to normal tape headings?
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Re: Wave Heading

Im pretty sure that Price and Co provide a kit. Curtain rail heading and instructions on how to make . A word of warning you will need an extra bracket that not supplied with the curtain track ,they fail to tell you this and when fitted the track becomes loose from the wall as one end of the track is heavier and needs the extra support.

Silent gliss provide the system too.

Heres some info wave

make up instructions
    Hope that helps!

Comment

If you don't want to use the Silent Gliss system, Rufflette make a tape called Tempo that gives the same effect. I think Kathy may have used it in the past?
      If you visit Alternative Windows and search on the word tempo you can see previous discussions about it [urlnew:1yslwxhb]http://www.alternative-windows.com/phpBB2[/urlnew:1yslwxhb]

You can see the tape here [urlnew:1yslwxhb]http://www.collybrook.co.uk/acatalog/Rufflettetapes.html[/urlnew:1yslwxhb]
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi i have used the rufflette tempo tape. The curtains did have a nice wave effect but if you use the recomended 2-2-1/4 fullness i think this is too full. I personally think you can create this effect with only 1.5 fullness. I bought 50metre box of this tape but i have never been asked to make this heading since.
        Karen

Comment

Hi, I've used the Tempo tape a few times, in fact I'm working on a pair just now! I like the neat vertical fold effect, and the curtains stack back neatly too. I normally go for 2 or 2.25 x fullness.

The only thing you need to fiddle with is the positioning of the tape to ensure that the edges of the curtain don't fall in the middle of a fold etc; I normally position the tape before turning in the sides.

The M&D website says you need to use a particular type of hook but I've always used regular tape hooks with it and it hangs fine.

Good luck!
          Sue

Comment

Can you use this tape with ordinary curtain poles? I'm thinking this might be a solution for my client who wants quite "flat" curtains
            Jane

Comment

Hi Jane, curtains made with Tempo wave tape hang better under poles than on tracks, but they're not flat - you draw the cords to pull the tape up between the folds so they always hang in nice wavey folds.

Have you thought about concealed tap tops for your customer? I used this recently and you would be able to make them so they were almost flat (like tab tops) when closed but without the tab top appearance.

Sue

Comment

Just to let you know, there is now a translucent Tempo tape for voiles.
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison
                Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thanks for the info about the wave heading tape. I've given my customer both the handmade & the tape options so I'll see what she goes for I know she's chosen expensive fabric so what's the betting she goes for the cheaper making up option
                  Jane

Comment

Hi All,

I have a client who is interested in a Wave Heading (or something very similar). However the most important thing is that the track is very discreet. She hates visible tracks, and I showed her a track concealed behind a lath, but this was still too noticeable for her.

I wondered if any more of you had come across the Wave Heading recently as this is an old topic from last year. I have also looked at the Silent Gliss pdf download and it looks very complicated!

Any information regarding very discreet ceiling mounted tracks (that hold interlined curtains)! would be useful too.

Thanks,
                    Sue.

Comment

Have been doing some more homework on this before I put in a quotation. Karen (Edinburgh) - on the AW site many months ago you suggested the M & D pinhook method on page 111 of their new book. I think this may be a better option as it gives the client scope to choose her own track or pole. I do not like the idea of using the sew-on tape, and the stitching lines that go with it. Price & Co. indicated that interlining may not be a good idea either, which the client is considering.

Has anyone used this pin-hook method?

P.S. I saw some in a show-home but the pin-hooks were poking out through the face fabric and they looked very shoddy, which put me off a bit.

Cheers!
                      Sue.

Comment

Dear Sue. I have used Tempo tape once never again. I made a short pair of interlined curtains so time consuming pulling the tape up. Someone showed me how to get the same effect by using a split hook on pencil pleat tape. Insert one prong of the hook in a pocket miss one,then prong in the next pocket. do not pull the tape up.
                        I do not know if this will give you the effect you want though.

Some time ago clarkgriswald posting an answer saying pencil pleat tape is all they use , maybe he would be kind enough to elaborate on how this is done.

Eileen.

Comment

I've used the pin hook method a couple of times & clients on both occasions were delighted..I will post pics in the gallery if they are not already there
                          Regards
                          Mairi

Comment

Hi Mairi
                            Could you please explain how you worked out where to place your hooks.
                            Many Thanks
                            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Sue - have you go the M&D book that shows this heading? If not, PM me and I will send you the info. It does not say how to calculate the pleats/spaces though.....I'm not sure you would need as much fabric in the 'pleat' section as for pinch pleats.

Eileen - is there a picture anywhere on a website of the kind of hooks you used? I have looked around but can't see any I think would work - is it any of these? http://www.collybrook.co.uk/acatalog/hooks.html
                              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                              X