bay window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bay window

i have seen a square bay window in a bedroom. and the customer wants a handmade heading. will a pole be fine in this window. with say pinch pleats, as the return of the curtain will stop anthing unsightly wont it. the bay cant do a return again on the outer edge as it only does a corner again on the one side, so it would either need to be a dead square bay pole, but i just wanted a bit of reassurance on the finished look. i know perhaps a curtain and a valance would be an alterative but she doesnt want a valance so as its curtains there isnt going to be any unsighly side view am i right. (sorry to sound a bit dim but brain not altogether working efficiently at the moment- need some advice. dee

Re: bay window

Hi Dee,
    It should look fine. You will be looking at the finials end on as well, so make sure they are okay like that. You will also want to think about the stackback size inside the bay.
    Hope this helps.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

the centre panel is 228cm wide and side windows 125 wide, so it should be roughly triple pleat 6 widths in each. (never done more than 4 width curtain before- as i said the window is a square bay, how much housing space would you say would be appropriate, would you say 30cm either side.

Comment

Hi Dee

Dee are you using a total of 12 widths for these curtains, 6 widths in each curtain? Am I reading it wrong?

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I make it 8 widths in total, not 12.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison

Comment

i made it 6 widths in each curtain. am i going nuts, how did you get 8 fabric width 140cm

Comment

Hi Dee

I'd use no more than 2.5 track unless pleating by design then it could use more.

Track: 125 + 228 + 125 = 478cm

478 x 2.5 = 1195cm divide this by fabric width of 140cm = 8.53 widths.

Personally I'd adjust the pleats and go for 8 widths.

Philip
              Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I make it exactly the same as Philip. 8.53 widths that is, I would have probably rounded up to 9 and put an extra half width on either side (more work I know)! I have 2 bays to do at the moment one which will take 8 widths and the other one only 4 widths (small bedroom bay). The worst I have ever done is 11 widths with pinch pleats and buttons! Thankfully not had anything this big for a long time.
                Yvonne

Comment

I think round down to 8 widths in this instance, rather than round up, because of the stackback inside the bay.
                  Kind regards
                  Pen Harrison

Comment

Good point - sounds like a sensible solution!
                    Yvonne

Comment

thanks for that, i told you my brain is not working quite as it should off, i made a mistake with my calculations and that could have cost me the job at the first post. thanks ever so much if i hadnt come on here i would of well over quoted, i thought god thats going to be a heavy curtain!

Comment

Working...
                      X