Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single pleated hand made heading

Hi all,

I have made triple pleats many times. but i have to quote for a single pleat. i thought that the fabric quantity would be the same as for triple, but not sure. any help would be appreciated , never done before. dee

Re: single pleated hand made hea

I'd normally opt for a 10cm pleat allowance for a single or cartridge pleat. Divided by 2 will give you a pleat projection of 5cm.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Re: single pleated hand made hea

thanks for the quick response. i feel a bit lost at the minute. cant find any info on how to do it. will it be the same fabric required as triple pleat for example. 2.25 x width. (do you just make a pleat as if you are going to do a triple pleat and sew down but leave it there then . how many pleats would you normally have per width. (only i saw something in a book about pin hook headings and you insert to pin hooks into the glider to form the pleat. but i thought it would be better to say have the pleat allowance and machine down as if you were going to do a triple pleat heading but go no further after that.

Comment

Re: single pleated hand made heading

Hi Dee

You might find the post on flat curtains of interest to you - Pin hook tops and cartridge pleats are two different headings, Dee.. If you're going to have a 10cm pleat and a 10cm space, double width will work, calculate the spaces and pleats, take in to account the returns and turnings as you would a triple pleat heading.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Re: single pleated hand made heading

thank you, ill have a look at that.dee

Comment

Working...
          X