Fullness for eyelet curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fullness for eyelet curtains

When making eyelet curtains would you allow the normal 2-2.5 times fullness or someting else.
    Phillip?
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Re: Fullness for eyelet curtains

Penny I always allow 2 times width, but I have read 1.5 to 2 somewhere.. M&D I think.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I used 2.5 on my most recent pair and was very pleased with the result (as was the customer I'm glad to say). But I don't have a press so have to use tape - don't know if that makes a difference.
      Jane

Comment

Hi Penny, I always allow 2x fullness if possible as it gives nice deep folds. But I've done 1.5x and it was ok too. But 2x by choice!

Cheers
        Sue

Comment

When making eyelet headings it should be considered that every time they are closed they need to be dressed - Most people will close their curtains and once the left and right curtain meet in the middle they will walk away from the window. My point being, all the extra fullness is left bunched up at each end of the pole.

Philip
          Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thank you for all your replies everyone. I was thinking of 2x fulness but wasn't sure. It so good to have somewhere to go for advise.
            Phillip your point about dressing is very useful it had never ocurred to me to do this. (I don't have eyelet curtains of my own yet!)
            But now you have pointed this out it seems quite obvious. Thanks for the tip.
            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
            X