sheers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sheers

i was reading about sheers in cuttainmakers encyclopaedia by mer day and it says something about decorative hem tuck does anybody know what on earth they talking about i am making sheers for a kitchen the now again i would be grateful for your help by a clueless esther

Re: sheers

A tuck is simply a fold in the fabric sewn with a straight line of stitching close to the fold. In the M&D book they are suggesting you embellish the bottom edge of a sheer curtain with several parallel tucks. It is important they are folded and stitched accurately to look attractive.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise. I had no idea either. Sounds like hard work to make a good job unless it's something you've practised. I think I'll stick to simple hems.

Comment

I wouldn't even consider making sheers myself, not a chance! I send them out to Krams Ugo Ltd Very reasonable and very professional...

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I'm with phillip on this one, sheers unless railroaded and weighted like some supplied in the reflections range from villa nova which only need the sides turning in, I would leave it to Krams Ugo too. They are exceptional at what they do!
          Sheers fill me with dread

Comment

Working...
          X