silk fabric with blackout lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silk fabric with blackout lining

Does anyone know if silky fabric hangs OK with blackout lining on a pencil pleat heading? The customer hasn't chosen her fabric yet but wants something silky and she wants blackout lining. She doesn't want them interlined. A friend of hers has told her silky & blackout doesn't hang well but I have no experience of it - can anyone advise?
    Jane

Re: silk fabric with blackout lining

Hi Jane i think blackout lining may be a bit stiff to put with a silk fabric . silk has wonderful drape qualities and blackout dosent really have any could you put an interlining with your silk and if she is looking for light exclusion suggest some blackout blinds :P

Comment

Hi, I would suggest dim-out fabric as an interlining (available from Edmund Bell). Drapes very well is almost blackout plus if you are using it as interlining, it can go right up inside the leading edges so you don't get thin hems. It also closes around needle holes so you don't get light seeping in through stitching and pin holes. Line as normal.

I have used this a lot recently, I have not used it with silk, but have used it with similar fabrics, for curtains, pelmets and romans.

Sue.

Comment

Thanks ladies....I didn't think it would work very well but just needed some reassurance! This is my high maintenance customer with the bright orange fabric.....goodness only knows what she'll choose next! I'm going to start charging her for eyesight damage and Q&A time soon
        Jane

Comment

Working...
        X