measuring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• measuring

hi am looking for advice about measuring curtains i bought a measuring tape from nda with a hook i measure the top of the pole for length how do you stop the tape from running down the wall the hook not working i am going to be measuringr eyelets cant always have someone there to hold the tape i know this sounds lame any advice would be great

esther

Re: measuring

Hi Esther

If using a metal tape measure and you're having difficulty holding the tape in place, measure from the floor upwards to the top of the pole - Measure in several places along the pole to find the average measurement and minus the clearance required.

Philip
    MyDecozo Admin

Comment

thanks again phil joining this internet site was the best thing i have done thanks again what do you mean by clearance radatiors or floor clearance maybe 2 years time and plenty practice i can give you advice hopefully

esther

Comment

I can't think of a single client I've had in the past 2 yrs that hasn't been happy to hold one end of the tape for me to be sure of an accurate measurement (in fact most offer) so don't be afraid to ask a client if they'd mind holding the tape for you.
        Jane

Comment

When I measure something that is slightly too long, I use masking tape on the hook end, it's low tack and 'usually' doesn't mark the wall etc. Also extremely handy usuing masking tape when measuring blinds for a bay, that way you can hold the brackets up and mark it, then take the acurate measurements. When you are finished you can take it down, or leave it in place for the fitter, especially if you don't go for the fitting. I don't always go for blind fitting but always attend when it's curtains.

HTH
          Morag

Comment

Working...
          X