which weight of linterlining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which weight of linterlining?

Hello just wondered which weight of interlining i should use for some silk curtains this always throws me !! should i go for the really thick bump , or a softer thinner cotton domette i dont think the customer really minds she saw some interlined curtains in LA AND THOUGHT THEY WERE AMAZING think they tend to use bonded lining but not using that , besides i have run out any thoughts thanx

Re: which weight of linterlining?

Ali

I'm about to interline a pair of silk curtains, I'm using the new Evatex interlining 280gms. it's a nice man made interlining, much nicer than serrille.

Sold by Evans Texiles.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Philip,

Just to hijack this thread.... what price is the Evatex please?

Comment

Hya,
        I've just spent the last couple of hours reading just about every thread on interlining(33 pages) & alas I didn't find my answer
        I want to know if you folks have a rule of thumb about which weight/type of interlining to use on which weight/type of fabric?

I have recently quoted (& got deposit on) curtains in Villa Nova Erin Flax/Cranberry. I have quoted using Evans 230gsm but on reflection wonder if this is too light...just realized I've made enough profit to raise my game so i can stop worrying about that

I have an online order to the above waiting this last few hours so if anyone is able please help asap
        Thanking you all in anticipation...
        Regards
        Mairi

Comment

I have made window seats in this fabric before & posted the pics but they have dissapeared from the gallery...
          The pattern is from the VN Mya range & recommends blackout lining ....so perhaps a thicker interlining please help cos I am an absolute novice in the field of interlining
          Regards
          Mairi

Comment

Working...
          X