Returning curtains to the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning curtains to the wall

I am looking for ideas! I return my curtains to the wall by drilling a small hole in the wall and insertring a screw eye, the last curtain hook slots in there to make the curtains look neater at the ends. This works very well, but i do have problems when there are electric points below where i am drilling as i could drill into live wires which wouldnt be good! What do other people do? Is there a stick on hook i could use? Any ideas would help Thanks

Re: Returning curtains to the wall

You could try no nail double sided tape whereby you stick a section of the tape to a section of batten (the same length as your buckram) to attach to the wall , then add velcro to the curtain returning edge and the batten . Just make sure you leave the no nail glue or tape to prove ( or set) before attaching the return of the curtain. I believe there is a double sided tape version available now that may work well. I have yet to use it ,but from what I gather, it says as it does on the tin ( or packet lol)

No nail tape

The returning edge is not carrying any weight so I would have thought it would be a good alternative to use the tape

Comment

You can get a gadget that you run over the wall which bleeps if it detects anything (I'm not sure if it detects just electric cables or any sort of metal). I think they vary though in their accuracy but that may be something to look into.
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Natasha I had a job that I couldnt drill or stick anything to the wall so I used two pieces of florist wire inserted into the lining between the buckram. I did sew the wire into a small tube of lining and then sewed it onto the buckram. I then just placed the curtain in the return position and it has stayed there.

Comment

what a fantastic idea Sophie I will try this. The forum is great always good solutions to problems.

Comment

I have put very long vine eyes into the end of the batton, also I have velcroed tiny brackets onto the front of the metal brackets of the pole. Fine wire hooked over the bracket has worked as well. For wooden cup hooks I fix a small screw eye into the base of the bracket.

Julie
            Julie

Comment

I know this was something which was started two years ago, but I was searching the archives for different ideas too.
              I am nervous about drilling into a customers wall to insert a screw eye. What I have done on a couple of occasions is sew a length of ribbon onto the back of the lining and tie the return into the the pole, this has been effective on dress curtains I have finished whereby there was no room for screw eyes.

Anybody else got any other new ways since the topic was first posted?

Comment

You can also put a screw eye into the bracket of a wooden pole.
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison
                Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I was also nervous of attempting to insert a screw eye into a clients wall. The first and last time I did it, the hole got bigger and bigger as the wall turned to dust. Nightmare!
                  Sue.

Comment

Working...
                  X