Any one fancy taking on this job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one fancy taking on this job

Customer requires 1pair curtains, 400cm finished length, pole width 170cm, curtains to made of alternating black and white silk stripes, stripes to be created by sewing together strips of fabric, the join between each stripe to be piped in yellow, interlined, pinch pleat, pleated to pattern, & lining to be a black & white gingham, each stripe to be 40cm wide, fabric width is 112cm, please waste no fabric. I was about to leave & customer said she would do it herself but she is perfectionist & wants profesional help.(we think mental health).
    But if anyone out there fancies this job please get in touch.

Re: Any one fancy taking on this job

I would be interested, but she doesn't want them before Christmas, does she? If not, pm me the details.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

A friend of mine has another friend who calls herself an interior designer. Many years ago, she suggested striped curtains where the stripes were 'made' from two different fabrics this way. We nearly curled up and died when the quote came in....! f it's for real it would be a big job!

Comment

Hi Jules i think it would be a nightmare of a job she is also a most peculiar fussy lady with some very strange ideas just thinking about it is sressful enough for me at the moment !!i wonder whether the fabric wouldnt hang straight with seams and piping running down it i think it may curl and twist and do all sorts of horrible things then she wants it all pleated to pattern so each colour comes to the front along with a splash (her words ) of colour from the piping and she only wants a certain amount of fabric in each strip ,she did mention to Ian (hubby ) who would have to fit them that she could make them herself only she hasnt got a big enough table ,i could offer to rent her my workroom and leave her too it if shes so smart !!!! and i will have a day shopping

Comment

Are you sure she was'nt on a wind up What a specification ~wow Im gobsmaked !!!

As for the piping~~no way! It will pucker , best off using very thin strips of contrast instead ~say 1cm inserted inbetween the stripes.

I would'nt want that job unless I was charging the earth to do it!!!!

Do it herself eh???? yeah right, thats why she rang you!!!

Comment

thanks tamb thats what i thought

Comment

also no this is not a wind up it is a genuine customers request dont you just love em

Comment

I think my friends quote came in at about £6,000.00 for an 'average' Victorian Bay, probably about 5.5m around. And that was mates rates!

There are some lovely stripes out there, ripe for pleating to pattern. Why do people want to re-invent the wheel?

Please do offer your work room with table and report back Ali - this could be a like a soap on TV if we give it time!

p.s. I'll come shopping with you to save you having to go by yourself!

Comment

Hi Alic,

The alarm bells are sounding tell her your busy and it is best to get someone else to give a written quote for the job and if she gets one from another curtain maker you will see if you can match it. which will tell you if it is worth the hassle
                  Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

love it lol
                    sukhi xx
                    Sukhi
                    Butterfly Interiors
                    Sue Rhodes Interiors

Comment

omg is all i can say and no thank you

Comment

Pretty offensive! Please don't waste fabric indeed. That comment alone makes me think she's trying to keep YOUR costs down. It's giving me shivers......

Comment

Working...
                        X