will there be enough hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will there be enough hooks

Would someone mind giving me some advise please.
    I am just returning to curtain making after many many years and have been asked to make triple pleated floor length curtains, The length is 101 inches and the curtain pole is 60inches wide, but only has 12 rings on the pole with no chance of getting any more due to the age of the pole and size. I've never seen such a big chunky pole.

What is peoples opinion about having so few rings and therefore pleats, do you think this is enough and will they support the weight of the curtains?

Re: will there be enough hooks

Hi Marian & welcome.

60" wide x 2.5 = approx 150cm. Ideally for pinch pleats, you'd multiply by 2.5 for fullness which would give you 2 widths in each curtain and you'd aim to have 4 pleats per width (assuming you're not trying to pleat to pattern) but that would give you 16 pleats in the pair. As you don't have enough rings for that, you could multiply by 2 for fullness which would give you 1.5 widths & 6 pleats in each curtain so you would have enough rings.

Hope that makes sense.
    Jane

Comment

Hi Marian, I recently made goblet dress curtains to fit an antique pole that also had just 12rings, ( actually the pole was square with square runners ) first one I'd seen like it. Width was similar - 58" used 2 x fullness/6 goblets each curtain.

Cat
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Some companies such as Hunter Hyland do supply very large rings which you can stain yourself or buy in a variety of stains. We used to sell antique poles and when there weren't enough rings we used to mix them up on the pole with the old ones and it worked well. Better taht in my view than mean looking curtains
        Janie

Comment

thanks for your replies, I'll tell the person about the company mentioned

Comment

Working...
          X