Eyelets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelets

Hi I would like to know what you would all suggest for the best eyelets to get for a thick material. They will have to be inserted by hand but I am sure there is a thread on here saying that you can have them done for you by a company?

Sophie

Re: Eyelets

Sophie,

Why not give Penny a call or pm.....? You know I'm up and down the M1 if you can sort it with her.

p.s. Hope you don't mind me suggesting you, Penny.....

Comment

Thanks Jules but it is some fabric that my aunt is doing over in Stowmarket and as you know eyelets cant be done in Shropshire.

Sophie

Comment

I think you might want to check with the individual companies about thickness of fabrics, but these are the 2 places I know of that have an eyelet pressing service

Curtaineyelets
        Eyeletsrus

of course there will be others.......
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Sophie,

the one that companies do for you are the ones inserted by machine, which is probably what penny does and is what we do too. These will go through any fabric, the average size for most poles is 44mm. Which is the die size that we use to cut.

Doing them by hand is quite a difficult process with even thin fabrics like cotton, not sure how well they would hold in thick fabric, as before I got my press I only ever did the hand ones in cotton.

We can price them for you, but you would need to post the fabric, which if its thick, it could work out expensive.

thanks for your pm, will sort through some fabrics and trims tomorrow.

sukhi x
          Sukhi
          Butterfly Interiors
          Sue Rhodes Interiors

Comment

Thank you have passed on this information to my Aunt. You lot are brilliant. Thanks

Sophie

Comment

Hi, I read this with interest as I too have been looking for a company, or someone with an eyelet press, who could put eyelets in a pair of curtains for me.
              I live in the Notts area. Would be really grateful for info on anyone local (ish) who offer this service.

regards, Cyndie

Comment

Hi Cyndie

I'm in Sherwood.. me and my eyelet press!

Schuhby
                Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi,
                  I charge £18 per width to insert eyelets inc any from the Hallis 40mm range. Can do the 66mm but cost a bit more.
                  I'm in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire.
                  Anne

Comment

Working...
                  X