Heading for Voiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading for Voiles?

I've been asked if I could do something different for two long narrow glass panels either side of a front door. The lengh 88cm x 10cm. I'm at a loss to know what unusual window dressing can be done with a width of 10cm. !!!!

Anyway, I thought as the fabric is a checked voile with a raised coloured threads it would look best with uniform pleats.Nothing too fussy but taut at top and bottom. I'm just not sure what sort of heading to use. Any ideas ?

Cat
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Heading for Voiles?

Cat,
    you can use any sort of heading on voiles. How about double pleats? Makes the curtains less full and less fussy.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

If you want it to be taut at bottom and top why not just do a slotted heading either on a very narrow pole or even a stretched wire?
      Janie

Comment

Sorry, Cat, didn't read your post properly - didn't realise it it only 10cm wide! You could follow Janie's idea but knife pleat top and bottom. Or hourglass - tied in the middle. Or leave uncovered!
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison

Comment

Hi Thank you for the replies.

I know..... it's such a silly fiddly width to be working with but a very good customer, so want to get it right!
          My thoughts are to use transparent buckram and pleat small cartridge pleats allowing 3x width and sew loop velcro on back to attach on hook tape top and bottom. Do you think this would work?

It's a privacy issue so customer wouldn't want hourglass or left uncovered.

Cat
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

I was just wondering whether you could do something like a knife-pleat on both top and bottom, leaving a stand up frill, and adding a strip on the back to run a net wire through.??
            Rosannagh

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Rosannagh. Knife pleats, are they different from cartridge ?

Cat
              Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Knife pleats are pleats that all lay pointing the same way. I don't think I would bother with buckram, and if you are going to velcro it in place, non-buckramed will press down onto the velcro more easily.
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison

Comment

Is there a picture of a knife pleat , I am a bit unsure of the heading too

Comment

It's not really a curtain heading. You use knife pleats on cushion frills, skirts, lampshades, etc. I thought that as this panel is so narrow, knife pleated top and bottom would work.
                    Kind regards
                    Pen Harrison

Comment

Try this

They are perhaps more common in dressmaking than curtain making.....
                      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you Pen and Louise, I understand now and I have used pleats like it before, thought ( knife pleats ) were something different.

Cat
                        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Working...
                        X