Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Lining

Hi Everyone,

A customer has asked about thermal lining for some full length curtains which will be hung in front of a drafty sash window.

I always use the Solprufe gold lining from Hallis Hudson and have never used a thermal lining, they have a thermal lining which is 1 pass and I have been quoted the same price as for my normal lining. Do you think it is worth using this instead, does it offer a noticeable protection.

I have mentioned interlining them, but they are on a budget and don't want to stretch to the additional cost.

Any advice appreciated.

Michelle

Re: Thermal Lining

Thermal lining has a similar 'furry' coating to the back of blackout, almost velvety but much lighter weight. I have used it a few times but couldn't promise how much difference it makes to keeping the cold out.

It does not really block much light and is similar to work with as quality cotton lining, quite soft and floppy. Could you get your supplier to send a sample so you can see the difference?
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise for your quick response.

I'll ask for a sample so I can see how it feels.

May just have to use it and see how it goes.

Thanks
      Michelle

Comment

I've used it a few times when people are either on budget or don't want too much bulk. I think it makes a reasonable difference as a customer told me they found a dramatic difference with thermal.It is much easier to sew with than blackout.
        Janie

Comment

Hi there,
          I use thermal quite alot, especially for my house where I use it with 410gm interlining! well you just can't get enough draft excluders around here, its always freezing in winter.
          (Mine comes from Jones)
          Helen.

Comment

Thanks Janie & Helen May,

I will go with your advice and use the thermal lining.

Thanks

Michelle

Comment

I presume the "right" side is the non-furry side? About to join my lengths for my door curtains

Comment

Yes, that's how I've always used it.

Comment

Thank you very much for the fast reply

Comment

I use Outblack for blackout and thermal linings. Thermal is a 1 pass treatment where as blackout is a three pass treatment, so my customers get a thermal lining that also has blackout properties.
                    I have in the past had a long conversation with a very nice lady from Edmund Bell about this subject, I took what she said at face value. It meant that I didn't have to order yet another different roll of lining that would sit under my table for years on end as I have only had two orders for thermal lining this year and no complaints from the customer.
                    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
                    X