Samples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samples

I am thinking of making some samples to take out to clients with me, as I have had a few lately that would like to see a sample rather than a picture in the sketchbook that I show them - I fully understand this, I think you get a better feel for the type of heading being put on the curtain this way.

Does any one have these already and if so what size are they - I don't want them huge as I have to carry them around, but big enough to see the size of the heading and the quality of workmanship etc.

What do you think?
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Re: Samples

Karen - try making a sample one width curtain in a plain fabric with four pleats. A double a tripple a goblet and maybe a cartridge or a box pleat. If you make it about a metre long it will not take up much space and you can interline it in halves using maybe sarril one side and domett the other or bump and domett whatever you fancy. You can then carry a range of matching ropes and trims to demonstrate how you would apply them. It is only a small sample really but it will show off all the elements of your excellent craftsmanship.

Comment

Thats a great idea, I hadn't even thought of doing it that way. Was just thinking that I would need a sample for each heading! Good job I asked the question, saved myself some work!!!!
      Kindest Regards,
      Karen

Comment

Made one of these a couple of weeks ago for a colleague, a two width valance but a bit longer than one would normally, and put a selection of pleats, both large and small on it. It did look good. I am sure you wouldn't Karen, but don't be tepmpted to use your scraps, or the bits that were cut off because of flaws!! This is your show piece so the best quality fabric that you have left over if you don't want to purchase a metre piece and the best quality lining that you use.

The customers do understand better with a sample and not everyone can 'see'the finished effect.

Enid

Comment

Working...
        X