Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice please on dress curtains - fullness

Hiya,

I have never made dress curtains before and have been asked to quote for some.

The window width is 287cm wide, stack back 40cm each side. The customer does not want to pull the curtains or go over the 40cm stack back. The curtain heading is triple pleat.

Any advice on fullness for a 40cm stackback?

Thankyou

x

Re: Some advice please on dress curtains - fullness

As a rule of thumb, I would put a minimum of one and a half widths for dress curtains. I feel that one width always looks skimpy, but as this is quite a big window, can I suggest that you consider two widths and perhaps make the pleats smaller than normal. This would give you more pleats and it would give the look of more fullness . If the fabric is heavier you could get away with 1.5w and do this . I have a pair of 2.5w pencil, but blackout lined, hanging on my track just now and they are gathered to about 37/38cms dressed as pinch pleats and there is still room for play.

Enid

Comment

Thankyou so much for replying Enid *hugs*

I was thinking 1.5 widths, but your absolutely right. 2 widths in each curtains would give me the option of cutting down slightly if need be.

The customer wants bump interlining, so i would have to keep the pleats fairly large to get them in, but this would also help with stack back.

At least this gives me a starting point.
      Thanks again

Comment

Hello

You may find this thread of interest - Dress curtains
        MyDecozo Admin

Comment

Thanks Phillip, ive just gone through the calculations on that link and its coming up at just over 2 widths, so i am happy keeping to the 2 widths formula.

Cheers x

Comment

Working...
          X