Join in a pleat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join in a pleat

Hi working out my double pleats and the only way to do it is to have the join in a double pleat!! My brain has gone to mush again. Is this exceptable.

Re: Join in a pleat

If you can't do it any other way, then thats where it has to go. Try not to get the join central on the pleat, even if it means altering the size of it and the two on either side a fraction just to off centre the seam. It can be hidden in the folds and looks better dressed away from the leading edge.

Enid

Comment

Hi Sophie
      How many pleats are you putting into each width. I always try to only put four pleats into a width that way you have a greater chance of having a space on the seam.
      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi I am putting 6 pleats into width and a half. 4 and then 2 with a return of 9cm and an overlap of 7.5 my flat width is 198cm and pole is 180. Will go back tomorrow and sort it out hopefully.

Comment

Sophie are the curtains on a track with a valance, on a track only or on a pole.

If they are on a pole or underhanging a track, the space inbetween the pleats when the curtains are dressed/stacked, will fall towards the back of the track/pole and the pleats forward. If thats the case, adjust the amount of pleats/spaces so the join falls in a space ( or gap as I call it!) not in the middle of a a pleat. The join wont be visible when the curtains are stacked back.

The track projection from the wall needs to be taken into consideration if hanging the curtains under the track for clearance so when they are functioning they dont touch/rub on the wall .

i.e if the space is 15cm then the backward projection will be 7.5cm (15cm folded in half). The space (projection) between the wall and the track should be a minimum of 8cm for clearence otherwise the curtains will rub on the wall.

If the curtains are to be hung on a track,covering the track itself, the spaces will fall forwards when dressed, the join will therefore fall to the front of the track if placed in a space, resulting in the join being highly visible . If thats the case then try and adjust the pleats/spaces so the join falls at the side of the pleat. That way the join wont be seen when the curtains are either in the stacked or fully closed position

I hope that made sense

Comment

Thanks for that, the curtains are on a pole with a projection of 9cm.

Comment

Working...
            X