Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckram Heading on corded Track

Hi there

I'm about to work out the spacing of a pair of curtains to be put on a corded track which is fitted to a pelmet board and wonder how much springback should be added. Also should there be any pleats on the leading edges that are hooked on to the overlap arms or should the edges be flat? Hope I'm making sense!

Any help would be appreiciated.

Co
    Kind regards
    Colina

Re: Buckram Heading on corded Track

Hi Coco
    Springback depends a bit on the overall width of your track. I would probably allow between 5 and 10 cm per curtain. I put a pleat on the inner edge of the overlap arm usually , providing you then can have about 8cm of flat edge, but it doesn't matter if the curtain overlaps the arm a little. Hope taht helps
    Janie

Comment

Hi Coco
      Take care not to put too much springback allowance into your curtain as the cords will pull the curtain tight and flat, and any excess will be apparant at the far ends of the track. In these instances I only include about 2-3 cm maximum for two widths say. Also, try to reduce the spaces inbetween the pleats so that they fold neatly outwards infront of the track, level with the pleat projection. This gives a neater appearance.
      I hate doing buckram pleats on corded tracks - wherever possible I try to get the client to put up a pole instead as the curtains hang so much better

Sas

Comment

Thank you both for your help. The curtains (for my daughter) are three widths each and are pretty full. I thought I would put more pleats in per curtain than usual so that the pleats an spaces are smaller. Is this a good idea or not? I could have easily used a pole instead of a track but never thought as the track is fitted to a pelmet board and will be covered by a pelmet! I'll remember your advice for next time.

Regards
        Co
        Kind regards
        Colina

Comment

I wouldn't put in more pleats - make the spaces about 12cm each and if necessary reduce the flat width of the curtains. Also, as they are on a track and the spaces fold forwards, you will be increasing the stackback with more pleats and spaces.

I agree with Sas, only put a tiny amount of ease in. And don't have any pleats on the overlap arm as they may catch the inside of the pelmet.

Regards
          Pen
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

If the track is fitted to a board which will be covered with a pelmet, is there anyway you could undersling the pleats? That way the spaces could be knocked back instead of forward, I have seen this done before very sucessfully.

Enid

Comment

That's an excellent idea, Enid. Using the right track/gliders would enable this.
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
              X