silk curtains. shrunk and rolling edges. Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silk curtains. shrunk and rolling edges. Help

Two years ago I made some curtains for a client.
    They are silk just lined with a wave heading.
    They have now shrunk 2 inches and the leading edges are curling round. The room they are in is very hot and I wonder if this could be a factor.
    Has anyone any ideas how to rectify the edges? I have considered putting a vylene strip down the edges but think this may look even worse.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks Cazdee

Re: silk curtains. shrunk and rolling edges. Help

Hi Cazdee

Two years on seems to be an awful long time down the line for you to be held responsible for these problems - I'd think very carefully before agreeing to doing anything to be honest, those curtains have had two years of life and things done to them. The changes in temp and humidity will have a major affect on natural fibres also.

Welcome to the forum!
    Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I agree with Philip - most things are only covered by 12 month guarantee at most. To expect you to resolve the problems 2 years down the line seems a bit much - unless she's willing to pay of course.
      Jane

Comment

Payment has not been mentioned at this stage, but I would charge. The customer asked if I could improve them and I cant think what would work, as you say two years on!
        Many thanks
        Cazdee

Comment

It sounds like you would need to cut off the leading edges and make new hems. Are they hand-pleated? If so you will of course need to repleat. Also did you supply the fabric? If not, and especially after two years, you should charge for any work done.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
          X