Just a quickie.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quickie.....

Just looking for a professional opinion.

Track width is 103" (Sorry, still work in 'old money'), fabric 54" wide, so 2 curtains each 2 widths of fabric. All ok so far. Except (LA fabric ) on pattern matching, i'm losing about 10" of the width, so by the time I've turned in my 3" each side, each curtain is only going to have a flat width of 92". The heading will be either double or triple pleats (depending on the size allowed for each pleats. So my question is this. Would you or wouldn't you, add an extra half width to each curtain? I think i've got enough fabric (no thanks to LA for being so 'tight' with their measuring, 9m of fabric bought turned out to be 8.95 when I got it home).

So, would you or wouldn't you??
    Chris

Re: Just a quickie.....

I would have had 5 widths in the curtains right from the start 103" x 2.5 divided by 54" = 4.7 widths rounded up to 5. So definately add the extra fabric.
    For triple pleats I always x by 3 as I like small spaces and big pleats and like to be able to pattern match the pleats.
    Julie
    Julie

Comment

Yes i would also add on the half width, you would need to give it 2.5 times fullness for double or triple pleat curtains.
      Best of luck with them.
      Janette
      Jan

Design & Curtain Studio

Comment

OK - i'll add the extra. Thank you.
        Chris

Comment

Working...
        X