pin hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pin hook

Can anyone tell me if the usual pin hooks will be ok to use on long heavy curtains. They are 10ft long finished with 10" buckram triple pleat heading.

Re: pin hook

Pin hooks come in various sizes and, I would pressume, different strengths dependent on their size. I would be using big, strong ones for curtains with a 10ft drop, especially if they're interlined.

Comment

Hi there,
      yes that is what I would use, although I don't use buckram that deep, I would usually just use 13cm buckram of the sew-in variety.
      You can get Rufflette hooks for deep pleat, called long neck, have a look in the M and D brochure.( I'm not sure, these may be for tape headings only.)
      Hope this helps.
      Kind regards, Helen

Comment

You can also get long neck sew-in pin hooks.

Comment

Thanks Rosie and Helen I'll go on site now and have a look.

Comment

Hi all,
            The Rufflette deep pleat hooks, long and short neck, aren't sew in hooks - they are designed to be used with the Rufflette Touplis tape.

You can get sew on hooks to use instead of pin hooks. I've only ever seen the one size of pin hook, but I've used them on long, heavy curtains with no problem.

Best regards
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hello Pen,

I have pin hooks in different sizes. I will take a picture when I get a chance.

Comment

That would be great Rosie, as im making Pinch Pleats curtains at the moment with 2.5 widths either side, i have always used the small pin hook no mater what the length or weight of the curtains were and got no complaints either tg!, but would be interested to see and use others if it helps.

Janette
                Jan

Design & Curtain Studio

Comment

Rosie,
                  what lengths are the pin hooks? The ones I have are 35mm long.
                  Kind regards
                  Pen Harrison

Comment

personally, I have used the heavy pin hook for years, but recently started having problems with the hook tearing through the lining , interlining and buckram, I have now resorted to using sew in hooks, I find these much better, the problem being that you cant adjust the height so easy as you can with pin on hooks.
                    one other problem I have found, is that the pin on hooks tear/break the nylon runners now used in Integra Ultraglide, this was cured by replacing all the slides with metal pendulum slides, though the do cost considerably more to replace than the nylon slides, but problem sorted.

I certainly wouldnt advise the use of Small pin on hooks with curtains of this size.

hope this helps

Comment

I never did reply... I have 35mm and 25mm.

Comment

So I'm using the long ones anyway.
                        Kind regards
                        Pen Harrison

Comment

I didn't know thay came in two sizes. I have only ever used 35mm.
                          Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I do have 2 sizes. . . .

Comment

Working...
                            X