X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtain Fullness

Morning All,

I'm having one of those blank moments!

I have a track that is 250 wide I have been allowed 4 widths of fabric (2 per curtain), however it is one of Prestigious' embroidered fabric so you have to join it slightly narrower than normal. When joined it leaves me with a flat width of 243 cm. Which = just x 2 fullness. The client does not want the curtains covering the window just skimming the edge of the recess as light is an issue in this room. I did suggest triple pleats but feel that there isn't enough fabric to do this, however they are going under a pelmet so it doesn't really matter what heading goes on them. Double / Cartidge are an option. Do you think I ought to have 2.5 widths per curtain or do you think 2 per curtain will be ok?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Re: Curtain Fullness

I would consider double pleats - in the past I have made double pleats to pattern successfully with the pleat sections being 3/4 of the size of the spaces, i.e. less than double fullness. (Double fullness has the pleats and spaces the same size). This was on a pole and the finished curtains looked lovely.

With your measurements you would only be slightly less than double fullness......
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise,

I will go with the double pleats, for some reason my brain just wouldn't understand it this morning!!!
      Kindest Regards,
      Karen

Comment

Personally I would do a cartridge pleat if you're having a pelmet - I see ne point making pleats you're not going to see.
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Good point.....
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Yes Good Point!
            Kindest Regards,