mark up on lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mark up on lining

Just wondering how you calculate the mark up on lining.I think that I am undercharging and being far too kind.Please give an idea of your figures.Thanks.

Re: mark up on lining

I would suggest you calculate the cost to you multiplied by 2.5.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Phillip thanks for your reply ,however maybe the sun is affecting the brain?
      Do mean that if I purchase the lining @ £2.34 then the price to the customer is 2.5 times this price? Ie £5.85.

I have told the customer that I can get a very good price for the lining .

Comment

Hi
        No offence but I think the sun is arrecting your brain if you pay £2.34 per metre for lining

Comment

Hi there ,this is the figure ,however is is crease resistant ? Is this too high I can get much cheaper @ £1.99.which is basic.
          What do you pay/charge roughly?

Comment

I suggested using this calculation based on you buying in at trade price - I sell linings on at £3.99 to £4.99 a metre to private customers and your lining mark-up should bring in a good profit.

Where do you buy your linings?

Philip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I am buying my lining with Merrick & Day.Where do you buy yours please help thanks.

What should I be paying? Is streets better?

Comment

Hi thanks for your advice I think that the sun definatley went to my head, I am paying £1.28 !!Therefore will be £3.20 ish. I have been charging the customer £2.99 which is way to low.

Comment

M&D sell some very competitive linings and are excellent for those who don't have trade accounts with companies such as Evans Textiles, but as you're selling in you must mark it up. You could consider £3.49 or £3.99 for your made to measure client orders assuming you're using a good lining. Are you using a 100% cotton sateen or a poly cotton?

Philip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I am using Sateen poly/cotton 48/52 for heavy tapestry curtains as the customer wanted a lighter weight lining.

For the bedrooms the customer wants heavier weight lining as the fabric is lighter. 100% cotton sateen .

Comment

Working...
                    X