100% polyester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% polyester

I've been asked to price curtains for client who had sample book Name Cremins Moiselle - Ornameltals Range Toad - 100% polyester. Client priced in store and has asked me to price also. As I've never made curtains with 100% polyester Im wondering if there are any rules when working with polyester. I've just calculated my price and I could do them for about €60 cheaper than the store but wonder if the material is hard to work with would I be better to skip on this one. Any advice on polyester greatly appreciated. (It's stripe so no matching as such and she wants 1 1/2 width either side with double pleat heading approx 90" finish drop.
    Ursula

Re: 100% polyester

Any chance of getting a sample of the fabric before quoting? Then you could see care symbols and actually handle it, see how stable it is etc.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I've made some curtains with polyester fabric. They were fine to make, if a little slippy. Watch the iron temp.
      Regards
      Pen
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thanks Louise and Pen,
        Customer only brought sample book she got loan of so no hope of seeing it again. - I thought it was silk until I looked at the details on the back. Anyhow since pricing I've discovered the designor quoted her for yards and I made my price up with metres so only approx €18 in it so I told her go with the designor - to be honest she sounds like more hassle than anything else . Upwards and onwards, I'm playing with my new toy - my eyelet machine.

Comment

How on earth can anyone quote in yards nowadays when fabrics are sold by the metre??

Enjoy your playtime!
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Would you believe all the expensive fabric shops here sell by the yard - yes I agree ridiculous.

Comment

Where are you?
              Jane

Comment

Working...
              X