Goblet Question !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goblet Question !

Hi, Can anyone tell me what type of stitching should be used at the bottom of goblets. Should it be handsewn, gathered or stiched in small pleats?

Thank you, Cat
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Goblet Question !

I think it is usual to make a neat triple pleat at the base and stitch in place by hand (like you would for pinch/triple pleats) Once the stitching is done, I gently push my fingers down inside the goblet with the other hand supporting from the outside to push out the bottom to create a crisp shape as far down towards the pleats as possible.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you for your reply Louise. I have tried making small pleats ,but it's not working, as running down the full length of the curtain are raised applique leaves which are not allowing the fabric to fold at the desired point. I have tried small gathered hand stitches between the leaves and it seems to be working. Will be placing knotted rope at the base of goblets, so hopefully that will work.

Cat
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

that sounds like a good solution - esp. if you are adding trim which will finish the effect beautifully.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise, That solution worked well, they are looking pretty good........ Must also thank you for the tip you gave an the alternative way of using single sided fusible buckram on headings. It works soooo well, would always use that method in the future, saves so much time! :P

Cat
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Working...
          X