Curtain Headings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtain Headings

I have been asked to supply curtains for a client who saw work that I had done for one of her neighbours. She would like something similar i.e. interlined, triple and goblet pleat curtains. Her neighbours curtains were all hung on poles but this new client doesn't want poles, she wants her existing tracks used. The thing is, as I've only ever made triple pleats to be hung on poles, I'm not sure how they will look on tracks.

If they were to meet at the middle and drape back I could see that working but the client wants them to stackback. She would be fairly flexible in the type of heading used but as she had pencil pleats before would like something different. She hasn't selected fabric yet but would like something silky, definitely interlined and sumptuous. Any ideas of the best headings to use for tracks?

Cat C.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Curtain Headings

This has been discussed at length lots of times and most of us prefer to put pinch pleat type heading on poles rather than on a track, its just that they look better and the spaces go back. However, if thats what your customer wants , then thats what she gets. I would stay clear of goblets though, they don't stack back as well as the others, but thats just my preference.
    Have a search on the topics because I am sure that somebody at some time has had success with the spaces going back.

Enid

Comment

Attached picture shows triple pleat curtains attached to a track with a fabric covered fascia added.

[attachment=0:ydkb5lol]coveredtarck.jpg[/attachment:ydkb5lol][center:ydkb5lol][/center:ydkb5lol]
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thank you for the reply Enid. As I was saying, the client is very flexible and is not sure herself if she should go for pinch pleats or not, she just wants to use the tracks she has already. I'm just wondering what are the best options apart from using pencil pleat. I will search again 'thru the posts to see if I spot any solutions.

Cat C.
        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Cat,
          If you can, see if you can persuade to get rid of the tracks and have poles. I understand that customers want to use the hardware that is already there (they don't have to change it, it is cheaper, etc), but to enhance the finished look of the whole treatment, poles would be better. I'm trying hard to think of an analogy, but it's my wedding anniversary (18th), and I've already had a glass and half of bubbly.... so thinking is hard. But you know what I mean. White plastic tracks will totally detract from your beautiful curtains!
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Philip,

Thank you for the pic. you always manage to show visually if something can work or not. They look lovely but I suspect my client would be looking for curtains that would drape easily and wouldn't want to spend much time dressing them.

Cat
            Kind regards

Cat

Comment

The curtains in the picture above are on a track hiden by the front fabric covered facia - This is how triple pleat curtains on a track will hang, if the client wants easily dressed, then the only option is new poles.

The treatment above is a simple solution to the tracking issue - The flat space in between the pleats is pushed to the front as oppose to the back as it would on a pole - See below.

[attachment=0:2248x0ia]French%20Pleat%20Closeup.jpg[/attachment:2248x0ia]
              Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Congratulations Pen! Happy Wedding Anniversary!

Thank you for the reply. I am seeing the client again tomorrow and I will have a try at persuading her to change to poles ( I think it's the cost issue )

Enjoy the rest of your evening,

Cat
                Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Philip, as I mentioned to Pen I'm going to try and encourage client to change to poles. She's a really nice lady so I'll search around and see if I can find some reasonably priced poles for her to look at because I'm pretty sure it's down to cost for her. She's a very sweet elderly lady and I think the whole dressing thing would be a problem.

Cat
                  Kind regards

Cat

Comment

A ruffled heading above pencil pleat looks sumptuous, I always think. My own living room curtains have this,as there was no way we could have afforded to change the fixtures when we were first married, and I doubt my husband would have seen the point then(he would now). When open, they always remind me of Greek columns, and closed, they just look rich. Given that they were originally my parents' drawing room curtains from the era during which they actually had some money, and the fabric is 35 odd years old, they're pretty good. I'll try and post a pic, but that depends on college son having time, and inclination, we've mislaid our cat (third time this week) and are all rather unable to function properly.

Comment

I hope you manage to find your cat, camera and agreeable college son (in order of priority). Hope cat is ok. Would like to see photographs if and when son is inclined.

Comment

Hi Nic,

Your curtains sound lovely. If you manage to send a pick at some point it would be great as I don't think I've seen a heading like the one you're describing. Hope you have luck finding your cat, they do find themselves in the oddest places. We lost ours a while back and eventually found it in the underbed drawer!!

Good Luck,

Cat C.
                        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Originally posted by Schuhby View Post
                          The curtains in the picture above are on a track hiden by the front fabric covered facia - This is how triple pleat curtains on a track will hang, if the client wants easily dressed, then the only option is new poles.

The treatment above is a simple solution to the tracking issue - The flat space in between the pleats is pushed to the front as oppose to the back as it would on a pole - See below.

[attachment=0:2248x0ia]French%20Pleat%20Closeup.jpg[/attachment:2248x0ia]

Hi Schuhbyu,

I have just seen that there is a message awaiting me from you but I havn't managed to open it yet so thank you in advance. I tried to see the image of the track with a french pleat but only saw a pleat on a pole. is there any chance you could post this to me please? I am about to make velvet curtains for a traditional room. I wonder if there is anything that doesn't look too modern, but is less dust accumulative than the dreaded pencil pleat? maybe your image will help me to make up my mind. ... Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X