Velvet curtain corner mitre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velvet curtain corner mitre

Hi, although I've been logged on a few times I am still finding my way around on here, there is so much information I keep going way off track I have read various references to the corner mitre of hems that is recommended when making velvet curtains or using a thick fabric but I cannot find anything explaining how to do this

I know it's in here somewhere but where ?

Re: Velvet curtain corner mitre

It may not have been dealt with in detail.......I have a book with a good explanation - shall I email it to you?

Basically in my book (Home Furnishings Workbook, M Whitemore), you only make a single hem with an overlocked edge, then trim away fabric to make the angled mitre and lessen the bulk of fabric.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Originally posted by Louise
      It may not have been dealt with in detail.......I have a book with a good explanation - shall I email it to you?
      Hi Louise, thanks that would be great. I'll send you a pm with my email address. Thanks

Comment

Hello

Have a read through working with velvet, you may pick up a few tips...

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Schuhby, thanks for the link . Louise, thanks for the email.

Comment

Hi All,

I've looked at the working with velvet link, but I am no wiser as to the Velvet Corner Mitre. Have used single hems in the past as I don't like the bulk in the corners, but I would like someone to explain what a Velvet Corner Mitre is...

Thanks
            Sue.

Comment

HI Sue,

I'd scan my copy of maureen Whitmores technique if I could work out how to !

It might be worth investing in her book which is a gem of a book to own and very easy to follow. There are some available used on amazon at reasonable cost too

Maureen Whitemore
              I am happy to photocopy the page and sent it to you if that helps

Comment

Thanks Louise - I have received the E-Mail.

Sue.

Comment

No problem - I had already scanned it for Sewingbelle....
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Originally posted by Louise

Basically in my book (Home Furnishings Workbook, M Whitemore), you only make a single hem with an overlocked edge, then trim away fabric to make the angled mitre and lessen the bulk of fabric.

Hello Louise,
                    I am new to the forum and am trying to gather any info i can on mitered banding for drapery panels... I want to add a contrast banding to the leading edge and bottom hem of the panel and i want the corner to be mitered... also the panels need to be lined and interlined... do you have any docs or advice please? If you could please email me the selection you mentioned in this post...

Thanks SOOO much!
                    Drew Gard
                    Avant-Gard Interiors

Comment

Hi Drew

Welcome to the forum - There's a thread showing how to add a border to a roman blind with a mitred corner, this should help with your project.

You can find the thread here You would need to use larger strips of fabric to allow for your hem turnings.

Philip
                      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
                      X