Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLOP OVER HEADING

Hi All,
    I have just made a lovely pair of curtains with a flop over valance. The pole that they will be hung from has quite a large gap between the pole and the hook, so they need to be hung from the 2nd pocket on the pencil pleat. They are hanging in my workroom at the moment and I am a bit worried that the top is pulling slightly over, and that it may get worse over time. The valance is about 12" deep. I have used a good quality stiff tape. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Sue.

Re: FLOP OVER HEADING

Can we have a photo please
    Regards
    Mairi

Comment

Hi Sue

I do and have done lots of flop over headings (a very good friend of mine who is an interior designer got me to develop a technique using only a 1" Tape) it works really well and never had a problem hanging them from any pole! Hope you will be able to put a photo up then might be able to help. I have a flop over heading in my Guest Bedroom and it looks fabulous.

Best regards
      Yvonne

Comment

Dear Sue . When I made my flop over headings I used the Rufflete Mini Pleat Tape .
        Usually used for valances. Some times if the flop over is not to deep it can be stuffed with netting from Merrick & Day this gives a nice puffed up effect.

Eileen.

Comment

Thanks for your comments. Feel I may be worrying over nothing so wait to fit them. I did consider using the 1" or 2" tape, but the ring eyes are long and unsightly and there is a large gap between pole and top of curtain if you use the top pocket. Fingers cross.

Sorry my camera is 9 megapixel and all my photos are too big to post - I have never been able to upload on into this site.

Sue.

Comment

Sue, re your camera, you should be able to adjust the setting when you take the picture, to be fine or basic - the basic is a smaller megapixel size. Lots of common editing programs also have an option to modify the resolution of your picture.
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Or once you have downloaded the picture from the camera there are things like Photoshop or IrfanView where you could open the picture, then save it to a different size (usually in cm or pixel dimensions).
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

You can also change the size with Microsoft Paint, but then it may be too small for us to drool over the details!!
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison
                Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

You could open a free photobucket account and resize them then post them on the forum that way

Pen I hear you. I always forget to take photos, that and the fact my track fitter collects the curtains and pole , fits and dresses them . He doesn't posess a camera !

Comment

Think you should buy him one for Christmas! They're so cheap now that even I own one. Still can't use it properly though

Comment

Working...
                    X