Curtain Care Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtain Care Labels

Does anyone use these on their curtains/blinds etc.? I'm not sure if I should be using them, or is it ok.to verbally inform clients of care instructions?

Cat C.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Curtain Care Labels

Hi Cat,
    I dont use labels. If asked, I say what the fabric care code is, but recommend that curtains are only hoovered, not laundered.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hello Cat,

Funny you should mention labels. I have been using some ready mades to make other things from (blinds, cushions, bed covers, bed canopy). The curtains were M&S taped headed ones and all new and packaged. Each curtain had a sticky label warning of the dangers of curtain cords. As most of my curtains are hand made headings and have no tapes, it never occurred to me before that a warning label might be necessary.

Does anyone know if it's essential to provide this information or just belt and braces good practice, like disclaimers on car parks that really don't stand up to the scrutiny of the law?

Comment

Hi Rosie,
        You have mentioned some interesting points. I was actually thinking if I should be supplying care labels i.e. if they should be dry cleaned only. I know the safety issue of roman blinds has been raised before on the forum but I like you am not sure of the current requirements. Anyone else know?

Cat C.
        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

I dont use them. I dont recomend washing just hoovering as Pen suggests.

Comment

As far as I am aware, there are no safety regulations regarding curtains etc in domestic properties, only for upholstery. It is just common sense to mention the danger of cords, etc and customers appreciate this, but I wouldn't go to the bother of saying that the pin hooks have sharp points!
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
            X