Side Turn Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Turn Question

Wonder if anyone an help! Have just cut out and joined 1and half widths. On the outside edge of the half width the fabric is fraying like mad, it's 100% polyester. I'm not sure if I should overlock down the edge ( it may pucker ) or fold in ( it may be too bulky )
    Anyone any ideas?

Cat C.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Side Turn Question

Havr you got time to buy some Fraycheck? http://www.venacavadesign.co.uk/Prod...ray_Check.html

Or can you use pinking shears on it?
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Louise, You are an absolute wealth of information!! Thank you for that 'info, I will order the fray check for future use but don't have time to wait for it in this instance. I've been ' footering ' about with some spare bits of fabric trying to get the right finish, don't have pinking shears

Cat C.
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Dear Cat. If you are concerned about using the overlocker, try the zig zag facility on your sewing machine and adjust the stitch as neccessary to avoid the puckering. This is what I do. Also I deal with cut edges straight away before they have been joined to the full width. To try to eliminate the fraying by over handling.

Eileen.

Comment

Hi Eileen,
          Thank you for your reply. I've just discovered that it's not been the stiching afterall that's caused the problem, it's been shrinking each time any heat has been applied. Think I'm going to have to start from scratch with another fabric. Not a good day !! However, worse things can happen, I keep telling myself that it's only a curtain!

Cat
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Working...
          X