Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Widths

Hi All,

Sorry I am pestering you all this week with all these questions - Eyelets - Pole Width 185cm Interlined Silk. How many widths would you use? Cost is an issue to the customer (she is going to compare my quote with her Next Directory ) Should I bother?

Sue.

Re: How Many Widths

I would use 4 widths based on 185cm pole & 2.25 fullness (that fullness is based on M&D's Murtra eyelet tape which can be clipped at 2 or 2.25 fullness).

Won't Next's be readymades while yours will be handsewn made to measure? If so, she won't be comparing like with like. And if she buys Next ready mades, will she need to have them shortened which will be an extra cost to her? I'd say it's worth doing the quote but point out the advantages of your made to measures over Next ready mades.

Good luck
    Jane

Comment

Hi Sue,

i would use 3 widths - that would give you more than twice the fullness which I think - even interlined - would look fine. In my opinion, 4 widths interlined would give you too much bulk to stack back neatly on a narrow(ish) window.

It's a tricky one when they are comparing your quote with a shop though! You have to point out that they are getting so much more from you, eg quality product, home visit, hanging, advice on fabric, colour etc. Hopefully they will be able to see beyond any difference in price...

Sue

Comment

Interestingly see my separate post - my quote has come out cheaper than Next MTM!

Sue.

Comment

Perhaps you're not charging enough then?! I'm sure yours will be made far better than readymades.
          Janie

Comment

Working...
          X