P&S frill top curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P&S frill top curtains

My customer has asked for frill top curtains and referenced the Peony & Sage photo for a 3" frill above what looks like pencil pleat tape. Any suggestions what sort of fullness they work to as it does not look gathered up as much as 'normal' use of pencil tape. The tape I use recommends about 2.25x so I was wondering whether to work to 2x?

Click image for larger version  Name:	P&S frill top.PNG Views:	0 Size:	2.75 MB ID:	132671
    Attached Files
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

I think x 2 would be fine, any more might make it so tight that you lose the effect of the frill????

Comment

Another consideration would be the softness/stiffness of the fabric. For example a 3" frill in a lightweight soft floppy fabric will just flop and not look anything like the photo.
      Caroline.

Comment

Thank you both...
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Louise, did you see my recent post with this look? I interlined the curtains & didnt pull it up too tight, these were dress curtains. I used 1" tape for variable fullness, 8cms upstand for frill.
          KarenS

Comment

Was that the block print curtains? Customer wants the curtains to look like the photo on the P&S page, which looks like pencil pleat tape and is stated as 3" frill.....
            Were those dress curtains? Mine are working curtains and pole is 170cm so thinking 1.5w per curtain.... any thoughts?
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Yes dress curtains 1 width each. 1.5w sounds good.
              KarenS

Comment

Thanks kls
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I agree I would put some interlining in the frill to make it stand up. I would also go for 2.25-2.5 fullness the fuller the better to make the upstand work.

Comment

Working...
                  X