interlining fluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interlining fluff

Hi, i make curtains for a shop, up until a little while ago i was providing the interlining which was a sarille. They have decided they don't like it anymore as they feel it doesn't offer the soft drape they are looking for, i do understand what they mean. They now supply their own which is the preshrunk domette from Hallis Hudson. Im finding that the fluff from it is going everywhere, my clothes are a mess, i find it gets up my nose and working from home i drag it through the house. Does anyone else use something similar that doesn't drop the fluff as much but still drapes well. The shop doesn't mind me changing it. Ive started to wear a pair of water proof trousers and an old white jumper but it still manages to get on my lounge carpet, short of stripping off completely every time i go down the house I'm not sure what else to use. thank you

..... nope! Unfortunately you may have to put up with it! Obviously once the curtains are made everything is nice and fluff free. Cutting and joining is the worst I find ....
    Jacqui
    Quarndon Curtain Design

Comment

thanks Jacquif, its a nightmare, just worried about long term problems with breathing this muck in, even after the job has gone its still sticking to other jobs especially my roller blind fabrics, i made a roller blind yesterday and bits of fluff were on it even though i brush my room down once the job had gone, so frustrating

Comment

If you have an IKEA anywhere near I think some people buy plenty of their cheap 'sticky' rollers which are meant to use instead of clothes brushes.....
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Cheap sticky rollers! wear an apron? workroom slippers / shoes so you dont bring it into the house... wear a mask! sorry not much help...
          KarenS

Comment

Was in IKEA yesterday - sticky clothes rollers were 75p each......and you can get refils for them

IKEA - BÄSTIS, Lint roller, grey, Easily and quickly removes animal hairs, dust and fluff from garments, furniture and car seats. Practical handle with hole; easy to hang up for storage. Consists of 40 sheets, total length 7.5 m.
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
            X