contrast borders puckering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contrast borders puckering

hi, I'm making a few pairs of curtains at the moment which all have contrast borders along the leading edge, no matter what i do the stitch line is puckering. Ive tried pulling the underneath fabric a little bit, pulling the top fabric a little and not pulling either at all. I've tried putting the main fabric on top with the border fabric underneath and vice the versa and Ive tried taking the pressure of the foot a bit also tried a larger stitch length but nothing is working, what am i doing wrong its driving me mad. thank you

Sounds as though you have tried all the usual ideas. I haven't had this happen. Are the two fabrics vastly different weights or textures?
    KarenS

Comment

hi kls, yes the main cloth is a satin and the other is a fairly stretchy meshy type fabric

Comment

Have you tried using a walking foot and loosening your tension a little?
        Kind regards
        Colina

Comment

Try all the above and keep the stretchy fabric on top then the feed dogs are not pulling it through the machine....

Do you have any spare fabric to play with?? Another tip I've read is to carefully machine baste the stretchy fabric on to light weight paper so it acts as a stabiliser. Then sew it to the satin and tear the paper away.......
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you for all your replies first chance I've had to get back on here, i will give some of your ideas a go

Comment

Working...
            X