Track brackets - allowing for dado rails and architrave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track brackets - allowing for dado rails and architrave

Hello everyone, I’m just a novice member, and would appreciate your advice please. I have architrave surrounding my windows, and dado rails butting up to it. These are both 2cms thick, so stick out from the wall 2 cms. Should I be installing longer brackets for my curtain rods, or will the standard brackets give enough clearance for my curtains? Be grateful for your help!

Tracey, well it depends on whether or not you need a particular projection to allow the curtains to hang without rubbing on the wall. Pinch pleats, and eyelet headings typically have part of the heading hanging behind the pole/rod. So whereas for the most part the curtain may not touch the wall, when they draw closed and come upon the 2 cms architrave they may rub. But this may not be too terrible. Can I say that I have found 'standard' bracket projections to vary. If you are supplying a new pole you should consider what the projection is and deduct the 2 cms and then see if that's enough for the heading. More and more brackets are offered as extension brackets where you can set the projection. When I supply eyelet curtains, extension brackets are my preferred option.

Comment

Thank you for your very helpful reply, especially helpful the info about the variations in the “standard” bracket projections, That’s great, thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X