Wave heading with no visible stitching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave heading with no visible stitching

I have seen curtains with a wave heading where there is no stitching showing through on the face fabric. Is the wave heading tape stitched to the lining? I'd be so keen to learn how this is done.

I would suggest you need to allow enough fabric at the top to fold over and wrap in/secure a piece of neading buckram to add stability, then machine the tape on to that so that it sits firmly to hold the top edge of the curtain without trying to roll to the front. Then secure the bottom edge of the fabric below the tape by hand to the lining only. You may also want to consider some tiny stab stitches somewhere across the heading to stop any 'billowing' effect.

I have read posts where people have not used buckram and have been disapppointed when the heading starts to collapse/roll once the curtains are hanging and in use. I think it is also best to avoid using wave headings on heavy curtains (either thick fabrics or using heavy interlinings) for the same reason.

There may be some posts here already from someone who's tried it, or hopefully someone with recent experience along to help.....
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Just found these which will hopefully give some tips:-

https://www.mydecozo.co.uk/forum/cur...-wave-curtains
      https://www.mydecozo.co.uk/forum/cur...-wave-curtains
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I make lots of wave headings with no visible stitching and have only ever had one problem with the curtains falling forward and down (and hence the lining showing) and these were a pair that I gave to someone else to make . If you don't get any joy from the links Louise has given you get in touch and I'll "talk" you through it - although I've already given this information on this forum several times.
        Jacqui
        Quarndon Curtain Design

Comment

Working...
        X