Maximum triple pleat size - thoughts please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum triple pleat size - thoughts please

It's usually the other way around and we are struggling to get the pleats big enough but I am making dress curtains on mini tracks that are just over 40cm wide. I've got about 250cm of fabric to play with per made up curtain and once the returns and spaces are deducted will have about 190cm for pleats. I'd like to have 7 pleats rather than 8 so the curtains aren't too bunched up on the small track (spaces will be around 7cm with a small amount of ease allowed for) but that will give me about 27cm per pleat. Is that too big or ok? The curtains will be interlined and it's a lovely printed Morris velvet so I want to show off the pattern. I could cut off 10-15cm but only want to if I need to do that. Thanks!

My first thought is pleat projection - if you have 27cm then the pleat will project 4.5cm which I don't think is too much for interlined. You say they're going on a track - will the spaces fold back, or forwards????
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

The spaces will come forwards but as it’s non working they will be smaller than normal and the curtains will be dressed so the spaces are quite flat.

Comment

Just to also consider that spaces won't project way beyond the pleats....but if they're dress then this doesn't really apply
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
        X