Wave Heading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave Heading

Happy New Year everyone! I am asking this question on behalf of another curtain maker who has not registered here yet and wondered if anyone can help!

"I went to look at a job yesterday and they want to replace all the curtains that are there on silent Gliss wave rails. I have made wave curtains before but stitched the tape on the same as normal heading tape with stitch rows top and bottom but the curtains they had there only had stitiching on top. I had a sneaky look at the back of them and it looks like the bottom row is only stitched to the lining. Have you done this style and if so have you any advise on the proceedure please?"

This is the exact question I have been asked but as I have not made wave curtains I am not in a position to advise.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Yvonne

Re: Wave Heading

Hi Yvonne,
    Happy New Year.

I imagine face fabric was made with hem and side hems, likewise the lining, then the heading tape sewn along the bottom edge onto the lining the the lining and tape stitched to the face fabric. A different way of doing things, but seems like a bit of a faff!

I suggest your lady uses her usual method - I dont know that the clients would know the difference. She could ask first, but it may complicate matters!
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thanks Pen: I will tell her (my old tutor!).
      Yvonne

Comment

Hello Yvonne

This may help you, originally posted by Tamatha..

Silent Gliss wave heading
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi
          We just make them the same as pencil tape heading
          Cheers
          Clark

Comment

Hello

I have just made some (I shall put photo up tonight) made the same as pencil tape calculated similar to pinch pleats i.e, half space at ends for returns and overlaps and then same space between hooks for the wave effect.

Made some for the shop a couple of months back, made to the pdf link that Philip has put on - shop calculated everthing - you need to know how many gliders on the track for the hooks to go in, how far apart and then cut the fabric to fit the tape.

When I made them this time, privately, the fitter who put the track up said not to worry about calculating! just make the curtains up as you would like pencil pleat and when we hang them, space it out evenly then! I was not confident with this idea and he wasnt interested to tell me how many gliders were on the track and I didnt want to make a fuss. So I hoped he was right, after all he told me he had fitted them loads of times.

Well it worked out fine! Thankfully even with our favorite fabric (LA) will put pictures up later.

Happy New Year (New Year Resolution - only can post at lunch or evening must work rest of working hours) how long will that last lol
            K W Designs
            Bournemouth

Comment

Oh Please! She's wrote that and phoned me straight after.. But she's working..
              Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Kathy

Did you use the Silent Gliss track and tape or the Rufflette tape? (called Tempo I think?) Wonder if that makes a difference as presumably Rufflette don't know what pole or track you are hanging from.

You can see info on the Rufflette tape here http://www.rufflette.com/guides/Universal%20Tempo.pdf
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you everyone for your replies - I am going to send Lesley an email now.
                  Yvonne

Comment

Hi

I used the Silent Gliss Metro Pole and Silent Gliss tape on both occasions.

[attachment=0:1iib5xf8]SDC10434.JPG[/attachment:1iib5xf8][attachment=1:1iib5xf8]SDC10435.JPG[/attachment:1iib5xf8]
                    K W Designs
                    Bournemouth

Comment

I have used Tempo before - I prefer the wave its a much better effect, in my opinion of course.
                      K W Designs
                      Bournemouth

Comment

Hello Kathy,

They are beautiful. I've only used the tempo but agree that the wave tape (I didn't understand the make-up instructions one bit, sorry!) gives a far better effect!

Comment

Thanks Rosie

Trying to find a picture of the tape but cant find it - the tape is clear with small pockets all along, next to each other. The first hook is placed in the 4th pocket and then the same on the end and then the pockets in between are evenly spaced out so i.e, place a hook in the 8th pocket all along. Like eyelet heading you must have an even amount of hooks.
                          K W Designs
                          Bournemouth

Comment

Working...
                          X