Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Back

Morning All,

Hope you are working away like busy bees trying to get ready for Christmas!

I have a pair of curtains to pleat into Triple Pleats. They are 4widths per curtain (8 in total) and I'm wondering how much Spring Back you would allow and big curtains like these. I normally allow 5 - 8 cm depening very much on the fabric, however I'm unsure as to what to do on these. They are embroidered silk with 260g interlining and lining.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Re: Spring Back

Hi Karen

You may find this post of some interest - Springback
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Karen,
      I would allow 10cm per curtain for a pole, less on a corded track.
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies and thanks for the link Philip - very interesting. They are behing hung on a corded pole! Ahhhhhh scary.

Pen can I ask how much you allow for corded poles - thanks.
        Kindest Regards,
        Karen

Comment

Around 5cm - you still need some ease. Make sure that you've measured properly - the overlaps may be different sizes and dont forget the returns!
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I usually allow 10-15cm per curtain depending on the number of widths, type of fabric, lined / interlined.
            I have to admit that I never am completely sure of this, keep going to check either here or one of the books, and am always relieved when the measuermets come out to a tad more than half the pole.ie what I want. Occasionally I have been a bit generous and thought oh! bit too much here but so far nobody has complained and I think its better to be ' easy' than pulled to within a cm of the pole.

Enid

Comment

Thanks for your advice. I am going to go with 5 cm I don't want the pleats to not pull at the end of the curtains and I still think you need some springback. Thanks Pen the left curtain is slightly bigger than the right due to the carrier on the track (think thats what you call them), the bit that overlaps the other curtain.
              Kindest Regards,
              Karen

Comment

Working...
              X