Naughty short cut...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naughty short cut...

I've just made a pair of 1.5 width curtains, 140cm drop and I cheated a little and feel the need to stand up and admit to what I did.. I rail roaded the 3 pass B/O lining and didn't use a hem.. There I've said it! My secrets out and I feel so much better having shared this.

This has actually enhanced the drape of the curtain as I don't have that awful bulky 3 pass hem - I may adopt this method with all B/O curtains; I'm thinking hanging a loose length of 3 pass in between the face fabric and sateen lining.

Anonymous

Re: Naughty short cut...

We luv naughty short cuts!

Sue

Comment

your not the only naughty one then...........this is one short cut that i have used also.....

Comment

Pip,

Did you adopt the loose hanging blackout method? I'm about to make a pair and wanted the lining to look the same as the blind lining. How did you deal with any joins? Overlap and leave unstitched or seam as usual?

Comment

Most linings in Australia now made with overlocked bottom on blockout
          Regards David

Comment

I've used M&D Trimfix clear tape to join my blackout, overlapped like you would interlining, the lining will hang loose between fabric and sateen lining. Hope it works in the long term.

JE

Comment

Nifty idea - something I always do when it comes to b/o lining

Rosi

Comment

Originally posted by warren
                Most linings in Australia now made with overlocked bottom on blockout
                Regards David
                So no turned hem?

Comment

Working...
                X