Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match from the top or bottom?

Morning all
    I have three pairs of triple pleat curtains to make for a large drawing room in a house that was built in 1901. It has had many alterations done over the years and a consequence of this, all three windows are at different heights. there is also the added problem of massive wooden architraves that we have had to fit above or on etc...
    So I now have three pairs of curtains to make with boards at different heights and very different hooks drops because of limited choice of fitting.
    The hook drops vary from 242-252cms.
    Do you think I should match from the tops so at least when you look around the room you see the same piece of the pattern or should i match from the bottom as they will all then be the same pattern placement up from the floor.
    The customer will not understand my dilema and probably won't even notice, I can't decide which is the best course of action..
    Any advice would be good please as soon as possible.I have the curtains on the table at the moment and have stopped work.

Cheers
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Re: Match from the top or bottom?

I think I would match from the bottom. When you're sitting in a room, the hem is closer to eye level than the top of the curtain. I think you're probably right, though, that the client won't be aware of the problem.

Angie

Comment

Hi Penny

Make the most prominent pair first and work up from the bottom to ensure the pattern flows around the room - Matching from the top would cause the curtains to look mis-matched to the eye as the patten would sit at different levels.

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Great
        Cheers Angie and Phillip
        I had kind of decided that that was the way to go just needed some confirmation as we all do sometimes.
        BTW........
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
        X