Just checking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checking

Can you check this calc for me as it is not a good day and this isnt working. Triple pleat calc I know again!!!! right here goes, pole length 120cm, flat width curtain 132cm, 4 pleats and 5 spaces .

Re: Just checking

Hi Sophie,

You haven't said what your allowances are for overlaps and returns.

I have made an assumption of 10cm per curtain:

120 (pole length) / 2 = 60cm + 10cm = 70cm finished width per curtain

120-70=50cm available for pleats/5 pleats = 10cm per pleat (this is very small - double pleats might be an option or reduce to 4 pleats) but 4 pleats will mean large spaces

70 - 14cm (assumption 7cm each leading edge and outside edge) = 56 for spaces / 4 spaces = 14 cm per space

You havn't quite got enough fullness here, I think I'd go for double pleats.

Sophie - I made an error in my calculations - please double check my edited numbers above.

Sue.

Comment

thank you sue I came to the same conclusion !!!!!! aaargh. anyway going to have to do triple pleat as client wants both windows the same and she is a real pain is the ~~~~~. I will have to try. Just had big tooth out and a huge filling yesterday so think my brain is still numb. And my bank balance too £180 for pain.

Comment

You poor thing. I have a stinking cold which is my I messed up the numbers! Please check!

Sue.

Comment

Working...
        X