Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAIL ROADING & NO LOCKING IN.

Hello Everyone,

I have been asked to make a pair of curtains & a straight canvas pelmet,.

The client does not wish to see any locking In stich on the main fabric.

The curtains are going to be Lined, Interlined & Blackout Lined & they want all layers of fabric to be rail roaded.

I have never been asked to do this before & would like any help as to how to handle so much fabric the fabric width is 150cm width and the length is 300cm but I will be using the width for the drop as the curtains need to be 120cm drop,

Any advice how to construct I can lock the Interlining to the Blackout but not to the main fabric. Iam unsure how to stablize the main fabric to the Interlining.

The curtains will be having 3" pencil pleat tape.

Any advise will be greatful, Happy sewing,

Carmen

Re: RAIL ROADING & NO LOCKING IN.

Hello Carmen,

It would seem your client knows best...You have been asked not to lock in so don't. If she has stipulated no lock stitches, does she know a method that we don't?

On the upside, it's a very short drop. The chain stitches should stop them flapping and billowing apart if they are to be fitted over a radiator.

One question I would be asking is 'WHY?'. Has she ever seen hand-made, properly interlined curtains with the most discreet lock stitches that I would defy many people to spot?

Comment

In the USA I don' t think they lock interlining in place as a rule, I guess they rely on it's tendency to cling to the fabric???

In this case you might find that once the fabric is hemmed over the interlining at the bottom and sides, combined with the heading being stitched through the interlining at the top you will be OK.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi sometimes we never bother locking in if we are doing contract work for hotels and it is being done for a competitive price then we do not bother and we have never had any complaints so dont worry

Comment

Thank you Rosie, Louise & Alic,
          for answering my question about rail roading etc, as I am a Single operator, it really helped to gain some insite help & support. My client has not decided to let me do what I think best this was only after seeing her Lounge curtain hung which where locked through all the layer & you could'nt see any pull on the face fabric.
          I will try & take a photo on my next visit.

Thank you once again

Carmen

Comment

Working...
          X