Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinch pleats versus seams.

Help!!!!!!

Working out the pleats on two pairs of curtains made from silk embroidered panels, cannot cut them back widthways because of the embroidery pattern. The heading is to be goblet with buttons, first pair two widths and are fine,but the second pair, 2.5w is causing problems. The first curtain is OK but second one is 10cms wider, has to do with the seaming and pattern, and the seams are coming up right in the middle of the goblet. Nothing is stitched so far, but I cannot get my head around this one. Does anyone have a simple, and I mean simple, explanation of what I can do.

I shall put them aside and do something else while the oracles are thinking, or even Christmas shopping!

Enid

Re: pinch pleats versus seams.

Hi Enid
    I don't know if this will help but the rule of thumb I always use is to put four pleats in per width and you will avoid the seam. If you put five pleats per width then you will almost certainly have a pleat on the seam. I am assuming that you are not pleating by design.
    If pleating by design then you will have to cut off the first quarter width and will then only get three pleats to the first width but will avoid the seam also.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Re: pinch pleats versus seams.

Thanks Penny, I put four pleats to a width as well, usually. There are 10 pleats over 2.5w so it should be OK.

I think that I will have to do this by putting the pleat where I want it and working backwards....I think...the pity is that the smaller pair have worked out fine. Its going to be job for a clear haed...I think.

Enid

Comment

Working...
      X