Odd Pair of Curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Pair of Curtains

I have an unusual pair of curtains to make. One has to be 30cm longer than the other as they are on the turn of the stairs on a landing. Also the widths are different. The right curtain needs to be 110cm wide (plus springback) the left curtain needs to be 80cm wide (plus springback). Now I am unsure how to work out the pleat spacing and width of the fabric. I have allowed 4 widths in total as it is a chunky fabric and also interlined. Therefore the allowance for the triple pleats needs to be quite large. Should I make the right curtain first using two widths and pleat it up, then trim the fabric down for the left curtain to give the same amount of fullness so that the pleats and spaces are the same size? I assume I will need one less pleat on the left curtain than the right. Would this look better than making both curtains the same width with the left one being wider than necessary? I have the fabric drops and interlings all cut, just can't decide what to do for the best now. Help!

Thanks,
    Sue.

Re: Odd Pair of Curtains

Hi Sue
    If I was doing this job I would be looking at having the same amount of fullness in both curtains and trying as best as i can to make the pleats and spaces as similar size. You may not be able to have the pleats and spaces on each curtain exactly the same but a few mm either way would not notice. So if you may need to cut the smaller curtain down a bit.
    This is just how I would approach it others may disagree.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Re: Odd Pair of Curtains

Thanks Penny. This is how I will approach it. Couldn't face it over the weekend, so about to start now. A few mms either way won't show as they are 3M high.

Thanks for your help.
      Sue.

Comment

Working...
      X